Both federal and state officials have issued guidance for employers to use when documenting leave requests and complying with requirements under the latest COVID-19 leave laws.
Federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act Forms
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires some employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- Click HERE for a notice to provide to your employees.
For employers whose employees are working remotely, the notice requirement can be satisfied by mailing or e-mailing the notice to all employees, or posting it on an internal or external website.
New York State COVID-19 Paid Leave Legislation
The new COVID-19 Quarantine Paid Leave legislation requires New York employers to guarantee their employees job protection and financial compensation while they are on a mandatory or precautionary quarantine order.
- Notice to Employees: Employee Fact Sheet – COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Family Leave Request Form 1: Request for COVID-19 Quarantine DB/PFL – Self (Forms PFL-1 & SCOVID19)
- Paid Family Leave Request Form 2: Request for COVID-19 Quarantine PFL – Child (Forms PFL-1 & CCOVID19)
- File for Unemployment Insurance Online
Paid Sick Leave:
- Guidance for Employers: COVID-19 Paid Leave
- Employer Fact Sheet – COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave
- FAQs – New York Paid Family Leave for COVID-19
- Guidance for Obtaining an Order for Mandatory or Precautionary Quarantine
- NYS Information on Novel Coronavirus (regular updates): ny.gov/coronavirus
- NYS website dedicated to COVID-19 paid sick and family leave: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/COVID19
Unemployment Insurance and the CARES Act:
New York City Paid Safe and Sick Leave Resources/Guidance:
If you have any questions, contact us at 212.213.8511.